Girl-Decoded.. ermm.. Yeah Right!!
I am a feminist. In every sense of the word. I am a feminist. Period.
No, I do not think women make for "better" halves or belong to the "fairer" sex. I just think women are as good as men are. Gender equality is what I believe in. No frills attached.
Yet, I do feel there are certain things women are better at, as compared to the men. They do make for better organizers, have more patience, more endurance, more of so many things. Women are special. Not because they are delicate lil things. They are special because in one lifetime they take on a multitude of roles and are expected to excel at each of them and being the feminist that I am, I would love to give all the ladies a standing ovation for just being a lady. It's not easy, yet we do it in style!
So, the question really is.. If women are all so good and all so fine.. why in God's name is there so much of a fuss about how women are difficult to handle, are confused,complex, unreasonable, hard to please and what not.
The answer simply is because it is all TRUE! We are crazzzzyyy.. like C.R.A.Z.Y. and we drive everyone around us to the same mental state ;)
This brings me to the wacky part of the post where the title seems to be relevant, because up until now I was just a paragraph short of something that Ms. Emma Watson could have used as a part of her UN speech (Great Speech BTW.. totally impressive..go check it out if you haven't as yet). SO yes
women are crazy they are mad and they are aware of it. Yes! They know it. They knnnnnnooowwww it! Not just deep down inside.. no sir. They know it out and in. Top and bottom. Deep and superficial. Oh they just so know it.
Women might be better at so many things.. but men beat us hands down when it comes to simplicity of behaviour! Hands down! No questions asked. None.
It's totally okay if two guy BFFs (okay, I'm pretty sure they don't refer to their buddies like this.. but this post is coming from a woman..so be it)..as I was saying.. it's totally okay if these two do not spend "quality time" with each other whenever possible or ditch on an imaginary plan set in space last minute cuz something better came along the way and the dude was not available or tell all the dudes embarassing stories about his guy friend. IT DOES NOT MATTER.
In fact even if it is a guy-girl setup the guy usually (usually!!) would not make an issue of things like the girl not tagging him onto a post/tweet about best friends. Reverse situation.. ouch! Surprisingly, women don't go all women on just guys. They do not spare their fellow women either! Like duuude.. come on now! I'm on your side of the world ;)
Women ... they wear this thick cloak of calm composed demeanour interspersed with genuine crazy hues that could give a chameleon the competition of a life time! And somehow, at least in the case with the good ladies, it is not even fake. It is just there. Like this shield of greatness. And it's a multi-layered cloak. Fancy a trifle. So, from top to bottom or outside to inside, whichever way you want to orient your layers, they are as follows. Listen up men, these are golden words of wisdom :-
1. The "Nothing" layer :
This is when a lady has shown crystal clear signs of angst/disappointment/disgust/ disapproval/all the possible negative responses one can come up with/ etc./etc./etc.
Thereafter, if you can summon up the courage to actually verbalize a decent query that befits the situation, this layer becomes quite prominent. It's like this flashing traffic light that warns you to go no further.
Eg. "what's wrong with you? / what happened, you look low"
Response : It's NOTHING (Read as: Oh it's just everything you did right now you idiot!)
2. The "I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it " layer :
We warned you, but nooo .. you want to sort things out, make things better. You know, handle it like adults. Well boo-hell-hoo!
The more you prod, the more thick this layer becomes.
Eg. "what is it now, come on now, I'm right here to hear you out"
Response : "Did I not make myself clear? I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it (Read as : You really think it's gonna be THAT easy)
3. The "I-just-need-to-be-on-my-own-for-a-while" layer :
See, you have really messed it up now. See what you have done men? You have made her want some alone time. Your bad! (Remember! Always "your" bad)
Eg. "How about I take you out for dinner sweetie? Let's talk things over chinese. My treat"
Response : "No, I don't feel up for it. I-just-need-to-be-on-my-own-for-a-while" (Read as : My choice of place, my choice of food, your wallet.. let's go.. wait..where's the apology?)
4. The "why-are-you-even-with-me" layer :
Men, this is THE dead end. This is where the plot has thickened so much that you can not move or tease your way out of it. You have hit the rock bottom of a bottom-less pit. Yes, this is not an exaggeration. This is exactly how bad your situation is.
Eg. "Oh baby, ditch dinner then, let's just sit down together and reminisce the good times. Maybe that would help"
Response : "Good times? Where and when were these good times. I don't even know if you love me anymore. Why-are-you-even-with-me" (Read as : Can you like apologize already? I know this really fancy Italian place that opened up two weeks back. If we go now, we might make it before the last orders are taken! )
Well that's the women's trifle put together.. more or less.
If you are smart, you would make notes and memorize them.. every single day of your existence.. in the hope that eventually they become a part of your genetic make-up and you can actually pass on this valuable information to the next generation. Do your bit for the "Man-kind" ;)
On a more lighter note : I love my women! I do.. with all kinds of trifles and puddings and whatever.. I love them! Although I do think my own trifle and those of some really cool women I know (yes, I am the cool one.. or so I will have you believing .. hahaha ) are a lot less complicated.. I still think there's always room for improvement. Let's be kind. To the man-kind and well esp to your fellow-women-kind (at least to the women-kind)! Cut everyone some slack! Try to be little more easygoing. It makes for a much happier co-existence.
And coming to the oh-so-troubled-poor-species-that-is-the-male-type :
Crank it up dudes! Like not by just a notch.. go all the way.. go out of your way.. express, emote, listen and eventually do! They make your lives much less miserable than what you were leading anyway..put in some effort. Even if it is at the expense of your ego..what good did it do to you all these years?
You probably were feeling all nice and warm inside thinking this lady has our back. Well, you are mistaken. The only reason I'm doing this, is to spare my fellow women the trouble of really telling you what's on their mind. Nobody likes to disclose their evil side. And ours is not just evil.. it is just this tiny lil experimental side. And oh come on, it's not like you all are so sorted. You are messed up and you aren't even aware of it. We at least own up to being crazy. (Beg to differ? What the hell do you think this post was all about?? ;) aw.. see how messed up you are ..you poor thing..pat pat.. hehe)
Final thoughts?
Ladies : Be nice..
Men: Be Nicer.. so that women can be nice in return.
Why the superlative? Kindly read the first statement of this post.
Adios ;)
No, I do not think women make for "better" halves or belong to the "fairer" sex. I just think women are as good as men are. Gender equality is what I believe in. No frills attached.
Yet, I do feel there are certain things women are better at, as compared to the men. They do make for better organizers, have more patience, more endurance, more of so many things. Women are special. Not because they are delicate lil things. They are special because in one lifetime they take on a multitude of roles and are expected to excel at each of them and being the feminist that I am, I would love to give all the ladies a standing ovation for just being a lady. It's not easy, yet we do it in style!
So, the question really is.. If women are all so good and all so fine.. why in God's name is there so much of a fuss about how women are difficult to handle, are confused,complex, unreasonable, hard to please and what not.
The answer simply is because it is all TRUE! We are crazzzzyyy.. like C.R.A.Z.Y. and we drive everyone around us to the same mental state ;)
This brings me to the wacky part of the post where the title seems to be relevant, because up until now I was just a paragraph short of something that Ms. Emma Watson could have used as a part of her UN speech (Great Speech BTW.. totally impressive..go check it out if you haven't as yet). SO yes
women are crazy they are mad and they are aware of it. Yes! They know it. They knnnnnnooowwww it! Not just deep down inside.. no sir. They know it out and in. Top and bottom. Deep and superficial. Oh they just so know it.
Women might be better at so many things.. but men beat us hands down when it comes to simplicity of behaviour! Hands down! No questions asked. None.
It's totally okay if two guy BFFs (okay, I'm pretty sure they don't refer to their buddies like this.. but this post is coming from a woman..so be it)..as I was saying.. it's totally okay if these two do not spend "quality time" with each other whenever possible or ditch on an imaginary plan set in space last minute cuz something better came along the way and the dude was not available or tell all the dudes embarassing stories about his guy friend. IT DOES NOT MATTER.
In fact even if it is a guy-girl setup the guy usually (usually!!) would not make an issue of things like the girl not tagging him onto a post/tweet about best friends. Reverse situation.. ouch! Surprisingly, women don't go all women on just guys. They do not spare their fellow women either! Like duuude.. come on now! I'm on your side of the world ;)
Women ... they wear this thick cloak of calm composed demeanour interspersed with genuine crazy hues that could give a chameleon the competition of a life time! And somehow, at least in the case with the good ladies, it is not even fake. It is just there. Like this shield of greatness. And it's a multi-layered cloak. Fancy a trifle. So, from top to bottom or outside to inside, whichever way you want to orient your layers, they are as follows. Listen up men, these are golden words of wisdom :-
1. The "Nothing" layer :
This is when a lady has shown crystal clear signs of angst/disappointment/disgust/ disapproval/all the possible negative responses one can come up with/ etc./etc./etc.
Thereafter, if you can summon up the courage to actually verbalize a decent query that befits the situation, this layer becomes quite prominent. It's like this flashing traffic light that warns you to go no further.
Eg. "what's wrong with you? / what happened, you look low"
Response : It's NOTHING (Read as: Oh it's just everything you did right now you idiot!)
2. The "I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it " layer :
We warned you, but nooo .. you want to sort things out, make things better. You know, handle it like adults. Well boo-hell-hoo!
The more you prod, the more thick this layer becomes.
Eg. "what is it now, come on now, I'm right here to hear you out"
Response : "Did I not make myself clear? I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it (Read as : You really think it's gonna be THAT easy)
3. The "I-just-need-to-be-on-my-own-for-a-while" layer :
See, you have really messed it up now. See what you have done men? You have made her want some alone time. Your bad! (Remember! Always "your" bad)
Eg. "How about I take you out for dinner sweetie? Let's talk things over chinese. My treat
Response : "No, I don't feel up for it. I-just-need-to-be-on-my-own-for-a-while" (Read as : My choice of place, my choice of food, your wallet.. let's go.. wait..where's the apology?)
4. The "why-are-you-even-with-me" layer :
Men, this is THE dead end. This is where the plot has thickened so much that you can not move or tease your way out of it. You have hit the rock bottom of a bottom-less pit. Yes, this is not an exaggeration. This is exactly how bad your situation is.
Eg. "Oh baby, ditch dinner then, let's just sit down together and reminisce the good times. Maybe that would help"
Response : "Good times? Where and when were these good times. I don't even know if you love me anymore. Why-are-you-even-with-me" (Read as : Can you like apologize already? I know this really fancy Italian place that opened up two weeks back. If we go now, we might make it before the last orders are taken! )
Well that's the women's trifle put together.. more or less.
If you are smart, you would make notes and memorize them.. every single day of your existence.. in the hope that eventually they become a part of your genetic make-up and you can actually pass on this valuable information to the next generation. Do your bit for the "Man-kind" ;)
On a more lighter note : I love my women! I do.. with all kinds of trifles and puddings and whatever.. I love them! Although I do think my own trifle and those of some really cool women I know (yes, I am the cool one.. or so I will have you believing .. hahaha ) are a lot less complicated.. I still think there's always room for improvement. Let's be kind. To the man-kind and well esp to your fellow-women-kind (at least to the women-kind)! Cut everyone some slack! Try to be little more easygoing. It makes for a much happier co-existence.
And coming to the oh-so-troubled-poor-species-that-is-the-male-type :
Crank it up dudes! Like not by just a notch.. go all the way.. go out of your way.. express, emote, listen and eventually do! They make your lives much less miserable than what you were leading anyway..put in some effort. Even if it is at the expense of your ego..what good did it do to you all these years?
You probably were feeling all nice and warm inside thinking this lady has our back. Well, you are mistaken. The only reason I'm doing this, is to spare my fellow women the trouble of really telling you what's on their mind. Nobody likes to disclose their evil side. And ours is not just evil.. it is just this tiny lil experimental side. And oh come on, it's not like you all are so sorted. You are messed up and you aren't even aware of it. We at least own up to being crazy. (Beg to differ? What the hell do you think this post was all about?? ;) aw.. see how messed up you are ..you poor thing..pat pat.. hehe)
Final thoughts?
Ladies : Be nice..
Men: Be Nicer.. so that women can be nice in return.
Why the superlative? Kindly read the first statement of this post.
Adios ;)
Comments
also ..i feel men like things coming easy
anyways good writeup